The Mormon church was founded by a man named Joseph Smith during the 1820s,they have over 14 million members.
- * They believe they are the only true form of the Christian Religion.
- * Joseph Smith is a prophet who received revelations from God to Guide the Church.
- * God started out as a man and advanced to be who He is now (God).(Mormon Doctrine, p. 321; Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, vol. 5, p. 613-614; Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 345; Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333)
- * God the Father had a Father, (Joseph Smith, History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 476; Heber C. Kimball, Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p. 19; Milton Hunter, First Council of the Seventy, Gospel through the Ages, p. 104-105).
- * God has a body that is just like ours. (D&C 130:22)
- * God is married to his goddess wife and has spirit children, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 516)
- * The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. “That these three are separate individuals, physically distinct from each other, is demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings with man,” (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35).
- * Jesus' sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins, (murder and repeated adultery are exceptions), (Journal of Discourses, vol. 3, 1856, p. 247).
- * There is no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith as a prophet of God (Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 1, p. 188).
- * They make ordinances for the dead(Doctrines of Salvation, vol. II, p. 141).
- * The book of Mormon is divinely inspired and has equal authority with the Bible.
- * They believe in a continuous revelation, which include visions, visitations of divine beings, and others.
- * They believe that creation is eternal.
- * They believe that the devil was born as a spirit after Jesus and are spiritual brothers.
Soli Deo Gloria